1 the act of stealing [syn: rip-off]
2 robbery at gunpoint [syn: armed robbery, holdup, stickup] v : commit a burglary; enter and rob a dwelling [syn: burglarize, burglarise, burgle]
- Rhymes: -aɪst
- a robbery or burglary, especially from an institution such as a bank or museum
- A heist film: a film
whose plot centers around
an attempted robbery.
- 2008 March 6, Robert Wilonsky, "Fast and Loose", Riverfront
Times volume 32 number 10, page 28,
- The Bank Job'' is also the first proper Jason Statham movie since his days banging about in Guy Ritchie's early heists.
- 2008 March 6, Robert Wilonsky, "Fast and Loose", Riverfront Times volume 32 number 10, page 28,
Heist or The Heist may refer to:
Films and TV shows:
- Heist (film), 2001; Mamet
- The Heist (1972 film), film made for television
- The Heist aka The Squeeze, 1978
- The Heist (1989 film), film; Brosnan & Skerritt
- Heist (1998 film), film; Rossi
- The Heist (2001 film)
- The Heist (2004 series), television
- The Heist (2004 film)
- Heist (TV series), American, premiered 2006
- "Derren Brown: The Heist", 2006 British television show, "The Heist"
- Heist (2008 comedy), 2008 BBC 4 television comedy-drama
- A The Outer Limits episode "The Heist (The Outer Limits)".
- The Heist (band), a folk-rock band from Glasgow
- Heist, Germany, a municipality in the district of Pinneberg in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- Heist-aan-Zee, part of the seaside resort Knokke-Heist, in West Flanders, Belgium
- Heist-op-den-Berg, a municipality in the province of Antwerp, Belgium
- Heist (computer game), a 2001 computer game for Windows
- HEI$T, an upcoming video game.
heist in German: Heist (Begriffsklärung)
armed robbery, asportation, assault and robbery, banditry, bank robbery, boost, buoy up, burglary, caper, cast up, cattle lifting, cattle stealing, clout, commit robbery, cop, elevate, erect, escalate, extortion, filch, grab, heave, heft, heighten, highway robbery, hijack, hijacking, hike, hoick, hoist, hold up, holdup, hook, jerk up, job, knock over, knock up, levitate, lift, lift up, lob, loft, mug, mugging, nab, nail, nick, perk up, pinch, pocket picking, purse snatching, raise, raise up, rear, rear up, rip off, rip-off, rise, rob, robbery, robbing, set up, sky, snitch, steal, stick up, stickup, stickup job, swipe, theft, throw up, up, upbuoy, upcast, upheave, uphoist, uphold, uplift, upraise, uprear, upthrow